A few months ago I wrote a post about how I was having a hard time Getting to Know a New City and how much I missed Charlotte. Well this past weekend we went back to Charlotte to spend some time with our families before Christmas and I realized that Charlotte and the surrounding area is no longer home for us. Home is where…
- My bed is.
- I can take off my pants and run around with no shame.
- I can hear waves kissing the shore in the distance if the conditions are just right.
- Palm trees sway in the breeze.
- My office has a view that includes Spanish moss hanging from live oaks.
- Its 80 degrees 3 days before Christmas.
- The smell is familiar and comforting.
- The star on the Christmas tree cants dangerously to the right, no matter how many times we attempt to make it stand at attention.
- The design style is
mix-n-matcheclectic but comfortable. I prefer to decorate with memories.
Where is home to you?